Wednesday 29 April 2015

Abandoned

They left me. 
The mothership took off with my brothers and sisters and they just left me behind. What am I going to do now? What will I eat? How will I get home? I am lost. I am alone. I sat down and curled into a ball on the ground hugging my knees. 
The ground is cold, now I’m cold. Am I going to die here?
  I need to make a plan, a rescue plan, I’ll call it project Save Aaron Delva, SAD for short. Step one to SAD, find out where I am. I lifted my head from my lap and took a look around. I was stranded here in a white barren canyon with walls that shined so bright from the glare of the sun that I had to look away. A looked left and right, no signs of life. Wait, I see something. Something passed by at the end of the canyon. It was a tall, thin, green figure with long slender legs and golden string flowing from the top of it. It was at least 5 times my size. I’m going to call it a Martian. I was hesitant at first but I’ve been here for hours and I’m starting to get hungry. I got up and brushed the dust off my legs. Something passed by again, this one was different, this one was a fat one with red in the middle and dark blue for its bottom, there was nothing at the top of this one. The fat one was carrying a black basket filled with something, I couldn’t see what it was. I got closer to the opening of the canyon, and then a saw it, I saw a sight that would give me nightmares, it was terrifying. There stood a huge metal machine. The machine was 10 times my size and next to it stood a blue Martian that seemed to be operating the mechanical terror. Worst of all, there were other Martians made of all different kinds of colors that would go up to this machine with baskets full of stuff, and then the blue Martian would take the stuff out of the basket and push buttons on the machine. The machine started making loud noises that made my stomach feel ill. I swallowed my fears and pressed forward out of the canyon only to find that there was not just one machine; there are dozens of them! And even more Martians! There were hundreds of them, all going to these machines. 
I couldn't handle it. 
I turned around and ran down the canyon until I reached the far side. This side is different, this side is quiet. FOOD! There in front of my eyes were fruits and berries of all kinds illuminated by lights to show off their perfection. Bananas, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, grapes, apples, tangerines, watermelons, cantaloupe, and some vegetables but those are gross. I feasted. With my belly full and my face covered in a color assortment of juices I laid down and drifted off to sleep. I will continue to work on project SAD tomorrow. 
“There you are. Aaron... Aaron wake up. It’s time to go home.” My mom picked me up and put me in the shopping cart with Luke and Clara, my younger brother and sister. “It’s time to check out Aaron, then we can go home.”
“Mmmmmmrrrrrrhhhhhhhmmmmmm,” I looked up at her dazed and confused. I was so tired I couldn’t quite tell what was happening. 
My mom pushed the cart through the checkout lane and I could see the blurry Blue Martian lady through my barely cracked eyelids. She was taking our precious cargo from our big silver basket on wheels on putting them on the other side. The beeping from the machine started to make Luke and Clara cry. 
“How old are they?” asked the blue Martian from behind the machine.
“The twins are two months and this sleepy guy is three years old.”
“Would you like a sticker?” I lifted myself up and nodded without words. I held out my hand and she put a spaceship sticker on the back of my hand. I smiled and sat back down. The blue Martian lady put our groceries back into the cart and my mommy pushed us all away. We rolled through the whooshing magic doors and outside to our bigger shiny metal thing. She put my brother and sister into their car seats, then she turned to me and asked “ready spaceman?” I looked up at her and nodded, she picked me up making a whooshing sound and set me down in my star covered booster seat and buckled the long black strap that went across my chest. She unloaded the cart into the back of the navy blue van and got in the driver’s seat and turned to me  and asked “ready for lift-off?” with a big loving smile on her face. I smiled and nodded drowsily, mommy started the engine and we drove away from the world  known as Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment